home tour part one.

Sorry I've been absent on the blog as of late! Life has been busy over here and the only thing I've been doing lately is homework and working. I've managed to take a few photos of our place and it's finally coming together after almost six months of living here. My dad is a woodworker and he's made most of the furnishings in our home; our bed, desk table, coffee table, and record player stand. I love that a few of our things are homemade and will last for many years. 

My favorite part of our bedroom is the framed polaroids from our honeymoon above our bed. In Mexico we took 10 instax photos a day and waited until the end of the day to look at them (see the polaroids up close here). I love reminiscing about my favorite vacation with my favorite person.

Our place might be a little "girly" (says Tate) but we have another room filled with bikes and his toys. Our apartment isn't perfect by any means but we love having our own place together and making it our own. I'll post more pictures of our place soon ;)

19 comments

  1. That hardly looks girly! I love all the furnishings your dad made. I live things that have some sort of emotional connection. It makes a place more home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is very you, the furniture is beautiful and I love that rug. And look at how gorgeous your cats eyes are!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The print on your bedding and rugs is so cool! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have done a wonderful job. I don't think it's that girly to be honest, a bit of colour and some ace furnishings. Nice to know someone who can make, the table is ace, I'd love one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad is so talented! Love all of these! Yay for finally posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how special to have furniture made by your dad! my dad is also a fantastic woodworker - i've always loved knowing his hard work made many beautiful things in our family's home :) ps obsessed with that rug, too
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the wood pieces everywhere! Everything looks so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think it looks that girly at all! It's gorgeous! Love the patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo collage is so adorable and how great to have all of those pictures on display. You have great taste in decoration and design :) Lovely. Cute kitty too!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is adorable, but your cat is just the cutest :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm so impressed that you father made most of the furniture. I love how personal that touch is! Ah, I'm definitely in love with your place. I wish mine was half as cool as yours, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god that cat is so precious! I love the colourful rug and the wood everywhere, but my favourite bit is the Eames chair and the record player with the records xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the minimalistic yet warm approach to designing your little space.
    And your lovely cat is so nicely colour-coordinated ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. your home is just turning out perfect! Loving all the decor and it's homey, simple and straight up darling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just come across your blog and that zigzag rug caught my eye! I love it!!
    http://taniaxkoi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top