daisy's blessing.



Miss Daisy was blessed on September 3rd and both of our families from all over came to celebrate this special day with us (both of my grandparents from Utah, my siblings, Tate's aunt and uncles - it was awesome seeing everyone!). Tate's aunt took my wedding dress and sewed the fabric into a baby blessing dress for Daisy. I wanted the shape to be similar to my wedding dress and she made it look so beautiful. We're going to keep her dress forever. And who knows - maybe Daisy's baby will one day wear the dress for her blessing.

After she was blessed we had a luncheon at our house with pulled pork sandwiches, chips, salad, and lots of treats. We had close to 50 friends and family at our home celebrating Daisy. My sister made Daisy a garland from her own paper line, Turn the Page. And my mom made dozens of yellow and white tassels (shop TasselLove on Etsy) to hang in our back yard. It was over 100° that afternoon so we didn't spend too much time outside, but the tassels were so pretty (I just took them down after a month of keeping them up). I wish I had half the design talent that my family has.

We're so grateful that Daisy is ours for eternity. She's been such a blessing in our lives. I know every parent says this, but we're not sure how we existed without a baby! She's so fun to be around and her smile is contagious. 


No comments

Back to Top